By Mike Wens
Technological development within the semiconductor has ended in a revolution in the direction of new complicated, miniaturized, clever, battery-operated and instant digital functions. the mandatory offer voltage(s) of those purposes seldom fits the various battery voltage, as a result of technological purposes. as a result, effective voltage converters are an important to bridge this voltage hole, with out compromising the battery’s autonomy as do linear voltage converters. furthermore, either house and price constraints shape a powerful incentive in the direction of fully-integrated CMOS switched-mode DC-DC converters, successfully putting off the necessity for big and dear off-chip passives (inductors and capacitors).
To do so target Fully-Integrated Inductive DC-DC Converters in usual CMOS presents the subsequent assets:
- A company yet complete theoretical base on switched-mode DC-DC converters, giving the fashion designer the an important info for knowing the working ideas and primary barriers of other kinds of DC-DC converters, together with linear converters, charge-pump converters and inductive converters.
- An assessment and comparability of alternative sorts of inductive DC-DC converters and their mutual comparability in the direction of monolithic integration presents a flexible wisdom base to compare witch the limitations of the converter to be designed.
- An actual and speedy version for fully-integrated inductive DC-DC converters is mentioned, considering all of the major losses in CMOS applied sciences. This version permits very actual prediction of the steady-state parameters, together with the potency. in addition, it permits a quick convergence in the direction of the optimum layout values, regardless of the multi-dimensional design-space.
- High-speed keep watch over schemes for controlling the output voltage are defined intuitively and from a pragmatic viewpoint. moreover 3 new regulate options: COOT, SCOOT and F²SCOOT are printed. Many concrete schematics are supplied and defined, that are extensively utilized within the a number of chip realizations. As such, this hands-on technique offers the “feeling” for keep watch over method layout for fully-integrated DC-DC converters to the designer.
- The ebook is concluded with seven sensible proof-of-concept chip realizations of fully-integrated DC-DC converters, thereby utilizing either bondwire and metal-track inductors. Many useful matters, comparable to chip lay-out and dimension setups, are mentioned, supplying the clothier much more to-the-point useful details at the subject.
Fully-Integrated Inductive DC-DC Converters in commonplace CMOS is a vital paintings for study and layout engineers which are faced with totally- and/or highly-integrated DC-DC converters. The technique during this ebook levels from an organization theoretical base to appreciate the trade-offs, in the direction of a hugely functional and real looking attitude.
Read or Download Design and Implementation of Fully-Integrated Inductive DC-DC Converters in Standard CMOS PDF
Best signal processing books
On the middle of any glossy conversation method is the modem, connecting the information resource to the verbal exchange channel. this primary path within the mathematical conception of modem layout introduces the speculation of electronic modulation and coding that underpins the layout of electronic telecommunications structures. a close remedy of center topics is supplied, together with baseband and passband modulation and demodulation, equalization, and series estimation.
Software-defined radio (SDR) is the most popular sector of RF/wireless layout, and this name describes SDR strategies, thought, and layout ideas from the viewpoint of the sign processing (both on transmission and reception) played via a SDR approach. After an introductory assessment of crucial SDR ideas, this ebook examines waveform production, analog sign processing, electronic sign processing, information conversion, phase-locked loops, SDR algorithms, and SDR layout.
Sampling idea and techniques provides the theoretical features of "Sample Surveys" in a lucid shape for the good thing about either undergraduate and put up graduate scholars of facts. It assumes little or no historical past in likelihood concept. the writer offers intimately a number of sampling schemes, together with basic random sampling, unequal likelihood sampling, and systematic, stratified, cluster, and multistage sampling.
With the proliferation of electronic audio distribution over electronic media, audio content material research is quickly changing into a demand for designers of clever signal-adaptive audio processing platforms. Written via a widely known professional within the box, this publication presents easy access to varied research algorithms and permits comparability among varied techniques to an identical activity, making it beneficial for newbies to audio sign processing and specialists alike.
- Practical Radio-Frequency Handbook
- The Electromagnet and Electromagnetic Mechanism
- An Introduction to Statistical Signal Processing
- Software Receiver Design: Build Your Own Digital Communication System in Five Easy Steps
- Signal Processing and Linear Systems - Solutions Manual
Extra info for Design and Implementation of Fully-Integrated Inductive DC-DC Converters in Standard CMOS
The circuit of an ideal zeta DC-DC converter . . . . . . 70 73 73 75 75 77 78 80 80 83 85 85 87 87 90 91 92 92 92 93 94 96 xxx Fig. 26 Fig. 27 Fig. 28 Fig. 29 Fig. 30 Fig. 31 Fig. 32 Fig. 33 Fig. 34 Fig. 35 Fig. 36 Fig. 37 Fig. 38 Fig. 39 Fig. 40 Fig. 41 Fig. 42 Fig. 43 Fig. 44 List of Figures The total required capacitance Ctot of three DC-DC stepup/down converter topologies as a function of the output power Pout . 13 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . The model of an ideal transformer Tr, together with its magnetizing inductance LM .
The power conversion efficiency ηSW as a function of the output power Pout , of the bondwire, single-phase, single-output boost DC-DC converter implementation . . . . . . . . . The load regulation, measured for Pout varying between 25 mW and 150 mW, at a frequency of 1 kHz . . . . . . . . 215 217 218 219 221 221 222 222 223 225 226 227 229 230 230 231 List of Figures Fig. 17 Fig. 18 Fig. 19 Fig. 20 Fig. 21 Fig. 22 Fig. 23 Fig. 24 Fig. 25 Fig. 26 Fig. 27 Fig. 28 Fig. 29 Fig. 30 Fig.
A) The top-view of a planar square spiral inductor above a conductive substrate and (b) the cross-sectional view with indication of the most significant mutual inductances . . . The perpendicular cross-sectional view of a conductor which is prone to the skin-effect . . . . . . . . . . . 115 116 117 117 118 120 125 125 128 128 131 132 133 134 136 137 139 xxxii Fig. 12 Fig. 13 Fig. 14 Fig. 15 Fig. 16 Fig. 17 Fig. 18 Fig. 19 Fig. 20 Fig. 21 Fig. 22 Fig. 23 Fig. 24 Fig. 25 Fig. 5 µm, as a function of frequency f and the gray curve denotes the DC value .