By Robert Louis Stevenson
* ALL 12 Novels and all up to date with concise introductions, giving invaluable contextual information
* the various texts are illustrated with the unique Victorian art, together with TREASURE ISLAND and DR JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE
* each brief tale and brief tale collection
* entrance no-nonsense contents desk permitting effortless navigation round the immense file
* Texts organised into scholarly chronological order and divided into literary forms
* the full poetry and plays
* the entire collaboration works with different authors
* Even comprises the entire letters, with their contents table
* 1000's of pictures with regards to Stevenson’s lifestyles and works
* The textual content has been conscientiously formatted in your enjoyment
* a variety of photographs on the topic of Stevenson's existence and works
* not less than 3 BONUS biographies – discover Stevenson’s adventurous lifestyles through modern biographers – all with their very own distinct contents tables
Read or Download Complete Works of Robert Louis Stevenson PDF
Similar british literature books
In 1984, London is a grim urban the place large Brother is usually looking at you and the idea Police can essentially learn your brain. Winston is a guy in grave probability for the easy cause that his reminiscence nonetheless capabilities. Drawn right into a forbidden love affair, Winston reveals the braveness to hitch a mystery progressive association known as The Brotherhood, devoted to the destruction of the celebration.
« Une série de coups de feu interrompt los angeles dialogue. Il y a los angeles guerre, ou il y a european l. a. guerre, ou… quoi ? … il ne sait pas, là maintenant. Fouiller au fond de sa mémoire est comme plonger sa major dans une boîte, les yeux bandés, sachant qu’elle contient des objets mais sans savoir vraiment lesquels.
One of the so much enduring poetry of all time, William Shakespeare’s 154 sonnets tackle such everlasting topics as love, attractiveness, honesty, and the passage of time. Written essentially in four-line stanzas and iambic pentameter, Shakespeare’s sonnets at the moment are famous as marking the start of recent love poetry.
The service provider of Venice is an exciting drama of affection, greed and revenge. At its middle, the play contrasts the characters of the maddened and vengeful Shylock, a Venetian moneylender, with the gracious, level-headed Portia, a prosperous younger girl besieged by way of suitors.
At the play's climax, Shylock insists binding agreement be enforced so as to fee the lifetime of the service provider Antonio. Pleading Antonio's case ahead of the Duke of Venice, Portia shrewdly defeats Shylock's evil goal.
- Emma (Bantam Classic reissue)
- Venus and Adonis: A Poem (HarperPerennial Classics)
- Tess of the d'Urbervilles (Bantam Classic reissue)
- Œuvres complètes
- Henry and Cato (Vintage Classics)
- The Rover (HarperPerennial Classics)
Extra resources for Complete Works of Robert Louis Stevenson
The mood was earnest rather than hostile, and we didn't get very far with this particular team sheet. 'Chairman: Elton John. ' 'Centre-forward: Justin Fashanu. He's an iron. ' So I can easily conjure the fickle leers that would await me if, one morning, I walked into the club saying: 'Well, guys — there's a new book about men and masculinity that's going to straighten out all the problems we've been having with our male identity. It says we should spend much more time together and exult in our hairiness and sliminess and zaniness.
Burroughs Queer by William Burroughs Kurt's Cosmos Galapagos by Kurt Vonnegut Truman's Remembrance Answered Prayers by Truman Capote Don DeLillo's Powers Mao // by Don DeLillo Underworld by Don DeLillo Even Later The Actual by Saul Bellow* Obsessions and Curiosities Chess Is Their Life Searching for Bobby Fischer: The Adventures of a Father and his Brilliantly Gifted Son in the Obsessional World of International Chess by Fred Waitzkin Mortal Games by Fred Waitzkin; Chess Is My Life by Viktor Korchnoi; Kasparov-Short: 1993 by Raymond Keene The Sporting Scene: White Knights of Reykjavik by George Steiner Football Mad The Soccer Tribe by Desmond Morris Among the Thugs by Bill Buford The School of Doyle The Biggest Game in Town by A.
More decisively, though, Lit & Soc, and indeed literary criticism, felt dead and gone. That time now seems unrecognizably remote. I had a day job at the Times Literary Supplement. Even then I sensed discrepancy, as I joined an editorial conference (to help prepare, perhaps, a special number on Literature and Society), wearing shoulder-length hair, a flower shirt, and knee-high tricoloured boots (well-concealed, it is true, by the twin tepees of my flared trousers). My private life was middle-bohemian — hippyish and hedonistic, if not candidly debauched; but I was very moral when it came to literary criticism.