By Serban C. Moldoveanu
Analytical Pyrolysis of artificial natural Polymers is a follow-up to Analytical Pyrolysis of typical natural Polymers, that's quantity 20 of the sequence. the focus of the publication is on useful purposes of analytical pyrolysis in artificial natural polymer identity and characterization.
Read Online or Download Analytical Pyrolysis Of Synthetic Organic Polymers PDF
Best organic chemistry books
Themes in Stereochemistry, Materials-Chirality offers entire details at the stereochemistry of fabrics. assurance comprises the chirality of fabrics and the real function stereochemistry performs within the actual houses of polymers, liquid crystals, and different fabrics.
Methoden der Organischen Chemie (Methods of natural Chemistry, known as Houben-Weyl) is a regular reference paintings for chemists engaged in natural synthesis. In volumes on compound sessions, together with all Supplemental volumes, preparative equipment are handled comprehensively and severely. Tables of examples evaluate an important tools and express their scope.
- Organic Synthesis. Strategy and Control
- Chemistry: theoretical, practical, analytical
- Volume 15, Fiesers' Reagents for Organic Synthesis
- Separations and Reactions in Organic Supramolecular Chemistry: Perspectives in Supramolecular Chemistry
Additional info for Analytical Pyrolysis Of Synthetic Organic Polymers
18. W. W. Wendland, Thermal Analysis, J. Wiley, New York, 1986 W. W. Wendland, Thermal Analysis, J. Wiley, New York, 1986. 19. L. S. Ettre, A. Zlatkis, The Practice of Gas Chromatography, Interscience, New York, 1967. 20. C. P. Fenimore, F. J. Martin, Modern Plastics 44 (1966) 141. 21. E. M. Anderson, I. Ericsson, J. Anal. Appl. , 2 (1980) 97. 22. H. Itagaki, K. Horie, I. Mito, Prog. Polym. , 15 (1990) 361. 1 THE CHEMISTRY OF POLYMER THERMAL DECOMPOSITION - General aspects Thermal decomposition of polymers is a subject of considerable interest for many practical purposes.
In DSC the sample and the reference are heated separately at constant temperatures while the difference in energy AQ required to obtain the same temperature is measured. The plot of the derivative dAQ/dt (where t is time) as a function of temperature T allows the detection of endothermic and exothermic processes similar to DTA. The change in the slope of the graph indicates glass transition, an exothermic process may indicate crystallization or an exothermic reaction, an endothermic process may indicate melting, vaporization, etc.
One procedure that can be applied for determination of numberaverage molecular mass is based on the determination of end-groups. 1) meq eg The determination of the content of end groups can be done using, for example, simple chemical titration for groups such as -COOH, spectrophotometric determination after tagging with specific dyes, radioactivity measurement after tagging with radioactive reagents, etc. The precision of the analysis of end groups should be very good because the concentration of end groups in the polymer is typically low and a small deviation in meqeg gives a large deviation in Mn.