By Alois Fuerstner
Content material: Olefin metathesis by way of well-defined complexes of molybdenum and tungsten / R.R.Schrock -- Ruthenium-catalyzed metathesis reactions in natural synthesis / A. Furstner -- Ring-closing metathesis within the synthesis of epothilones and polyether ordinary items / K.C. Nicolaou, N.P. King, Y. He -- Catalytic ring-closing metathesis and the advance of enantioselective methods / A.H. Hoveyda -- Enyne metathesis / M. Mori -- Cross-metathesis / Susan E. Gibson, S.P. willing -- contemporary advances in ADMET chemistry / D. Tindall, J.H. Pawlow and K.B. Wagener -- Bioactive polymers / L.L. Kiessling, L.E. powerful
Read or Download Alkene Metathesis in Organic Synthesis PDF
Best organic chemistry books
Issues in Stereochemistry, Materials-Chirality presents complete info at the stereochemistry of fabrics. insurance contains the chirality of fabrics and the $64000 position stereochemistry performs within the actual homes of polymers, liquid crystals, and different fabrics.
Methoden der Organischen Chemie (Methods of natural Chemistry, referred to as Houben-Weyl) is a customary reference paintings for chemists engaged in natural synthesis. In volumes on compound sessions, together with all Supplemental volumes, preparative tools are handled comprehensively and severely. Tables of examples examine crucial tools and exhibit their scope.
- Metal Carbenes in Organic Synthesis
- Organic Electrochemistry, Fourth Edition,
- Introduction to organic photochemistry
- Reagents for Organic Synthesis
Additional info for Alkene Metathesis in Organic Synthesis
This review also covers the application of these tools to advanced organic synthesis, with the focus being on the ring closing meta- Fig. 1. Ruthenium-Catalyzed Metathesis Reactions in Organic Synthesis 39 thesis (RCM) of dienes to cycloalkenes of all ring sizes. Finally, some recent investigations on metathesis reactions in supercritical carbon dioxide (scCO2) will be summarized , since this unconventional reaction medium may eventually upgrade the industrial application proﬁle of such transformations for the production of ﬁne chemicals.
O O Et O 6% MoF6 O Et (39) 91% CO2Me CO2Me 28 Richard R. Schrock RO RO 1. 3 % Mo (40) 2. 6]bicycle was also prepared readily. Hoveyda and coworkers have used a Mo-catalyzed RCM step in the enantioselective total synthesis of antifungal agent SCH-38516 (Eq. 41) [220, 221]. In a recent full paper  it was discovered that freshly prepared or recrystallized Mo catalyst allowed ring-closing metathesis to occur smoothly at 22˚C to afford the cyclic product shown in Eq. 41 in 90% yield after only 4 h.
80. 81. Richard R. Schrock Peters JU, Blechert S (1997) Chem Commun 1983 Feldman J, Schrock RR (1991) Prog Inorg Chem 39:1 Buhro WE, Chisholm MH (1987) Adv Organometal Chem 27:311 Breslow DS (1993) Progress in Polymer Science 18:1141 Streck R (1988) J Mol Catal 46:305 Nugent WA, Feldman J, Calabrese JC (1995) J Am Chem Soc 117:8992 Xu Z, Johannes CW, Houri AF, La DS, Cogan DA, Hoﬁlena GE, Hoveyda AH (1997) J Am Chem Soc 119:10302 Parkin G, Bunel E, Burger BJ, Trimmer MS, van Asselt A, Bercaw JE (1987) J Molec Catal 41:21 Freundlich JS, Schrock RR, Davis WM (1996) J Am Chem Soc 118:3643 Freundlich JS, Schrock RR, Davis WM (1996) Organometallics 15:2777 Edwards DS, Biondi LV, Ziller JW, Churchill MR, Schrock RR (1983) Organometallics 2:1505 van der Schaff PA, Hafner A, Mühlebach A (1996) Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 35:1845 Johnson LK, Frey M, Ulibarri TA, Virgil SC, Grubbs RH, Ziller JW (1993) J Am Chem Soc 115:8167 Sharp PR, Schrock RR (1979) J Organometal Chem 171:43 Wengrovius JH, Schrock RR (1982) Organometallics 1:148 Binger P, Müller P, Benn R, Mynott R (1989) Angew Chem 101:647 Johnson LK, Grubbs RH, Ziller JW (1993) J Am Chem Soc 115:8130 de la Mata FJ, Grubbs RH (1996) Organometallics 15:577 de la Mata FJ (1996) J Organomet Chem 525:183 Wu Z, Wheeler DR, Grubbs RH (1992) J Am Chem Soc 114:146 Murdzek JS, Schrock RR (1988) In: (ed) Carbyne complexes.