By Peter W. Hawkes
Advances in Imaging and Electron Physics features state of the art articles at the physics of electron units (especially semiconductor devices), particle optics at low and high energies, microlithography, picture technological know-how and electronic photograph processing, electromagnetic wave propagation, electron microscopy, and the computing equipment utilized in a majority of these domain names.
Key positive factors:
* Contributions from major specialists * Informs and updates on the entire most recent advancements within the box
Read or Download Advances in Imaging and Electron Physics, Volume 178 PDF
Best signal processing books
On the center of any smooth verbal exchange process is the modem, connecting the information resource to the conversation channel. this primary direction within the mathematical thought of modem layout introduces the speculation of electronic modulation and coding that underpins the layout of electronic telecommunications structures. a close therapy of center topics is supplied, together with baseband and passband modulation and demodulation, equalization, and series estimation.
Software-defined radio (SDR) is the most well liked region of RF/wireless layout, and this identify describes SDR suggestions, thought, and layout ideas from the viewpoint of the sign processing (both on transmission and reception) played by means of a SDR method. After an introductory evaluation of crucial SDR strategies, this booklet examines waveform production, analog sign processing, electronic sign processing, facts conversion, phase-locked loops, SDR algorithms, and SDR layout.
Sampling conception and techniques provides the theoretical features of "Sample Surveys" in a lucid shape for the good thing about either undergraduate and submit graduate scholars of records. It assumes little or no heritage in chance thought. the writer provides intimately a number of sampling schemes, together with basic random sampling, unequal likelihood sampling, and systematic, stratified, cluster, and multistage sampling.
With the proliferation of electronic audio distribution over electronic media, audio content material research is speedy changing into a demand for designers of clever signal-adaptive audio processing structures. Written by way of a well known specialist within the box, this publication presents easy accessibility to various research algorithms and permits comparability among varied ways to an identical activity, making it important for beginners to audio sign processing and specialists alike.
- Fundamentals of Radar Signal Processing
- Detection Estimation and Modulation Theory, Detection, Estimation, and Filtering Theory
- Applications of Random Process Excursion Analysis
- Image, video & 3D data registration: medical, satellite & video processing applications with quality metrics
- Introduction to Digital Communications
Additional resources for Advances in Imaging and Electron Physics, Volume 178
17 gives an illustration of how afﬁne in variance can be obtained from this afﬁne scale-space concept by normalizing a local image patch to an afﬁne invariant reference frame. Combined with derivative operations, the afﬁne Gaussian scale-space concept also serve as a natural idealized model for ﬁlter banks (Freeman & Adelson 1991, Simoncelli et al. 1992) consisting of elongated directional ﬁlters (Perona 1992). In practice, there are two principally different ways of computing scalespace representations under afﬁne alignment d either by deforming the ﬁlter shapes or by deforming the image data before the smoothing operation.
2013 Tony Lindeberg. ) 41 Generalized Axiomatic Scale-Space Theory In Hall et al. (2000), Linde & Lindeberg (2004), Burghouts & Geusebroek (2009), van de Sande et al. (2010), Linde & Lindeberg (2012), Zhang et al. (2012), it is shown how such color-opponent spatiochromatic receptive ﬁelds, in combination with regular spatial receptive ﬁelds, can constitute a very effective basis for object recognition. 5. Uniqueness of the Gaussian Kernel on a Spatial Domain The Gaussian scale-space concept satisﬁes the requirements of (1) linearity, (2) shift invariance, (3) semigroup property, (4) existence of an inﬁnitesimal generator, (5) non-creation of local extrema, (6) non-enhancement of local extrema, (7) rotational symmetry, (8) positivity, (9) normalization, and (10) scale invariance.
18. 17 Illustration of how the afﬁne Gaussian scale-space concept can be used for reducing the inﬂuence of perspective image deformations. The left column shows three views of a book with different amount of perspective foreshortening due to variations in the viewing direction relative to the surface normal of the front side of the book. The right column shows the result of performing an afﬁne normalization of a central window in each image independently by performing an afﬁne warping to an afﬁne invariant reference frame computed from an afﬁne invariant ﬁxed point in afﬁne scale-space using the afﬁne shape adaptation method proposed in Lindeberg & Gårding (1997).